What is it like to work in sound design? How do you get started, and is it a good career move? In this episode of the College Alternative Podcast, we talk with Kevin Senzaki from Rocket Jump. He shares his experience with sound design in the film industry. He’ll tell you the good, the bad, and all the details you need to know.
This episode will cover:
- Kevin’s background and how he got started in sound design
- The best place to learn sound design
- What type of equipment you need to get started
- How someone can best break into the industry
- The difference between working for a place like Rocket Jump, and a big budget studio
- How to grow in the career of sound design
Sound Design with Kevin Senzaki:
Thanks for watching!
If you want to learn more about media jobs, check out our interview with Wren Weichman and his experience as a visual effects editor.
Photo Credit: Drew Patrick Miller