Have you ever wondered-what is it like to own your own restaurant? Melissa Buccholz and Ross Bachhuber from the Odd Duck Restaurant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin join us today to talk about the ins and outs of owning and operating your own restaurant. These co-owners have many years of experience in the restaurant industry. They can help you understand what the risks, rewards, and challenges are to owning your own restaurant.
This episode will cover:
- What is unique about the Odd Duck Restaurant?
- What roles do Melissa and Ross have at the restaurant as owners?
- Do the celebrity chefs at Food Network portray it accurately? — What is it really like to be a chef?
- What is the best path to becoming a chef?
- Is it necessary to get a culinary degree?
- What are the best and worst parts about owning your own restaurant?
- What does success look like in the industry?
- How would an employee evaluate a kitchen or restaurant that they are interested in working in?
What is it like to own your own restaurant? With Melissa Buccholz and Ross Bachhuber from the Odd Duck Restaurant
Thanks for watching!
Photo credit: Fabrizio Magoni