Have you ever wondered: what is it like to be an electrician? Well if not, you should! In the words of Jonah Barnes, “Electricians have it made in the shade.” Compared to other construction trades, electrical work is cooler. It’s enjoyable, requires problem-solving, and is meaningful work. When you listen to this episode of the College Alternative Podcast, master electrician Jonah Barnes will help you figure out: what is it like to be an electrician? He’ll describe the job of an electrician and also what it’s like to own your own business in the trades. If you want guaranteed work and don’t mind swimming upstream, find out what it takes to become an electrician and what the job is like.Electricians have it made in the shade. Click To Tweet
This episode will cover:
- What is the pathway to becoming an electrician?
- Is it possible to become an electrician without any formal training?
- What makes a good electrician?
- What types of licenses and ongoing training is needed to become an electrician?
- How do you transition between working as an electrician to starting your own business?
- What does a typical day look like, on the job?
- How do you deal with competition in a small town?
- What are the best ways to get new contracts?
- How much money can you make as an electrician?
What is it like to be an electrician? With Jonah Barnes
Thanks for watching!
Photo credit: Thomas Kelley